CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'm a Big Girl Now!

Last night Ashley spent her first official night in a big girl bed. Well, maybe it was still her crib, but she got to sleep in it like a big girl. Due to space constraints, we have decided not to get Ashley a toddler bed or twin bed. Our crib is a convertible crib and she was definately ready for the freedom of being able to get in and out on her own. Unfortunately, we didn't have a bed rail yet (we bought one today) and she fell out of bed 3 times. The first couple times it woke her up, the last time we heard a loud thud, then waited a couple minutes to hear crying. When we went in her room we found her sound asleep on the floor. She didn't even realize what had happened. We felt bad, but it was kind of funny too.
Yesterday when I took the side rail off her crib, we played around climbing on and off her bed. She thought it was pretty neat. Later that day we were downstairs and I was busy in the kitchen. I realized that I hadn't heard Ashley for a few minutes. I looked around and went upstairs, only to find that she was sitting on her bed reading a book. It was really cute! I think that she is going to love her new found freedom (I just hope that we do too :) !)

3 comments:

joanna said...

That is so adorable. I think I've told you a million times how cute she is but I'll tell you again - she is so cute.

Taralyn said...

who knows how much you'll love it when she starts wandering into your room at night :) haha she's so big! crazy!

Lindy said...

Time flies! I hope her "new" bed will help her get excited about sleeping. Good luck....