CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

And You Thought $4.19 was Expensive...

Thad is in Brazil right now for ten days on a humanitarian dental trip. He emailed me today and asked me to post a little about his trip. I'm sure he'll post more when he returns (along with pictures). Here it is...

"Brazil is really nice; from what we have seen it is nicer than most of the parts of Mexico I have visited. We saw the clinic where we will be working and it is nice, but in the middle of no where. We went to a traditional Brazilian birthday party for Dr. Zandona's daughter and cousin. It was pretty fun. The children and parents dress in traditional style clothing which is interesting to see. We have eaten so much rich, rich food. Any kind of candy here is very, very sweet, almost like eating straight sugar. Brazilians are very laid back, they are 15-30 minutes late for everything and just take things as they come. It is a little hard to get used to. For example, we set up most of the clinic on Saturday, but we have no idea when we are starting tomorrow or what we are doing. Also, plans change on a whim. We were supposed to stay at the clinic, but now all of the guys are staying at one of the student's houses together. The students have been really nice about driving us around. Gas is extremely expensive here almost $9 per gallon so we feel kind of bad."

3 comments:

Taralyn said...

As I read this I was just watching the news about Honda creating a Hydrogen car that is going to be released soon.

Erica said...

I found your blog through Joy's. Welcome to the blogging world. I can't believe how big your little gal is getting. She is adorable. i look forward to keeping up with you and your cute little family.

attack of The Mouse said...

Waaahooo you have a blog. I found from snooping around. I've never seen pictures of your little girl, she is beutiful. Come check us out www.attackofthemouse.blogspot.com